BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Birth story cont...

Where did I stop last time?? Oh yeah.
So I arrived at the hospital and we were immediately taken to our room. My contractions were hard but the rest of the day would prove that these were only the weak ones. We called my parents, Christian's parents, his sister and my sister. Our parents arrived quickly, followed by his sister. In our minds we were thinking, "Olivia's birthday will be Feb 8." So when I checked in at 1am, I was 4 and 1/2 cm dilated and 100% effaced. They asked if I wanted to speed up the progress by getting Pitocin. I was thinking, "I'm doing good on my own, so NO." The pain was strong but manageable so I opted out of getting the Epidural plus I wanted to go natural. The next time they came to check me, I was at 5 cm. I was like "Score!!!!" Thinking "Baby before the day ends." By 5pm, I was 6cm. This is where it went down hill.



Me and the best nurse ever!!!

0 comments: