BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, March 5, 2010

Part 3 of Birth Story

As the day continued, my progression was slow and my cervix began to swell which pushed me back a bit (alot). Till this point, I had refused interventions but decided that I wanted my baby out so I said yes to breaking my bag of water. This intensified my contraction by 100. I had been able to handle my pains till then but that made me wanna crawl under a rock and cry. When that didn't work (didn't dilate me), I was given Pitocin. My cervix swelled up even more due to the major contractions. But the good thing was that I dilated to 7 and 1/2 cm so I was on my way to motherhood. The bad thing was that even if I was 10 cm there was no way she was passing thru the birth canal because my cervix had nearly swelled shut. Doctor and nurses had been trying to get me to get the Epidural but I had resisted until then. Since my cervix was swollen, I needed to stop tensing my back so Epidural I had. Let me tell you, those painful contractions I had at 1 am were a piece of cake compared to the latest ones. The doctor checked me and I was a 8 and 1/2. By now it was 6pm. We waited around for me to progress and the swelling to go down. An hour later, I was at 9 cm. Almost there!!!

0 comments: