BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olivia's Birth Story

So my due date (January 30) had came and gone and Olivia was not ready to come. I had been dilated for 3 weeks and she was head down but she wasn't low enough. My contractions were coming but were far in between. February 6 came and I had some pretty strong contractions that were 5-6 minutes apart and hubby and I were excited thinking Olivia wanted to meet us. But after being monitored for 2 hours and walking around the halls, contractions subsided and I was sent home but told my induction was scheduled for February 8. )-= The next day I felt great so we went grocery shopping at Costco, last minute baby shopping at Babies R Us and Target. We then went to my in laws house because it was my hubby's birthday and they were celebrating his bday. We then decided that since baby was to come the following day, we needed to clean up the house. As I was moping, I started to have contractions again. They were more painful than the previous day's but since I had the induction set up, I ignored the pain. This was 8pm on Feb 7. I finished up the day showering and checking the diaper bag. I went to bed thinking tomorrow I will be holding Olivia....

Around 12am, after hours of painful contractions and sleepless tossing and turning, I awoke Chris and told him we had to leave ASAP. Our hospital stay began before 1am.


To be cont....


Waiting for our baby to arrive

0 comments: