So I spent a wonderful weekend with my beautiful nephew, Jakob and I realized something.
I am not ready to be a mommy.....
Yeah yeah yeah maybe mommy instincts will kick in but I totally don't think so. I forgot an extra pair of the little man's pants and I forgot to change him so he was a soggy mess. He was so soggy that upon placing him on my lap he proceeded to take a leak and it went right though his wet diaper and onto my lap. It was like he was saying, "If I'm wet then so are you , Tia." I felt so horrible.
OK. SO before you start saying, 'Never leaving my child with that woman!", let me redeem myself by telling you about that day.
So it started at 7:30am, when he awoke and my sis needed me to feed him while she got dressed for class. I got him, fed him and played with him. My sis left at 8am and I decided to take a shower while my hubby practiced daddy on Jakob and dressed him. Hubby did a good job by the way. Jakob did not cry or fuss. They played while my shower washed away the previous day's drive around Marina right off. When I got out at about 8:30, he started getting fussy. My sis texted that he usually slept after breakfast so to try to rock him to sleep. So I did and he did. I decided to get ready for my day since he was knocked out and usually did for an hour. When I was about to eat, he woke up (early by the way.. at 9!) and at the same time my sis-in-law called that she had arrived at Monterey and was lost, so I picked Jakob up, grabbed the diaper bag, some water bottles, placed him in his car seat and headed out. I was feeling good. As soon as I was outside I realized it was chilly so I went back in and grabbed him a jacket. OK. Check. On the road, found my sis-in-law, drove around CSUMB. Never did it occur to me that he needed a diaper change. He ate exactly 3 hours later (@10:30) and was content then he knocked out again. We found a restaurant and ate. He woke up while we were still there. I think that the time was 11:45. Yeah. I know it's been more than 3 hours and I guess babies pee a whole lot but I never really thought about it while the baby was there. I picked him up to introduce him to the waiters who were peeking into the stroller. I started thinking about that time that maybe I should change the dude because his crotch looked puffy. All of a sudden... my lap starts feeling warm. I'm like, "Darn he's peeing!". What I didn't realize was that the pee was going though his pants and onto mine. I picked him up to shift him because my legs were hurting when I realize that the pee was still going through to my pants. He had apparently held his pee for a while because he peed a gallon on my lap. Needless to say, with me forgetting his pants and his peeing on the only pair I had for him, his little, chubby, white legs were wrapped in his blanket. Then I had to put on my niece's pants on him. Yeah my sis was mad to find her son with girl pants on but he was happy. I totally screwed up. Gosh!!! Thanks for letting me vent. Bye!!!!

2 comments:
Girl, don't worry. Don't ever say you are not ready for kids, because when I found that I was pregnant with Alexis and I was olny 18. I though I was not ready, but when you see them for the first time in your arms your motherly stinct jumps me. You learn on the way. Girl I am still learning. Each kid is different. To this point I still forget things one time I forgot wipes and my luck he shit his pants and if didn't get any worse no extra clothes. Or I have forgot in the baby milk, or bottles, etc .....
Thanks for making me feel better. I was only a "mommy" for a day so I was not prepared to take soooo much equipment just for a short day drive.
Post a Comment